CM Punk to WWE; Suspended star released – AEW Weekly Rumor Round Up (10/26/22)
It is important to keep in mind when reading this article that these are rumors surrounding AEW. They have yet to be confirmed by AEW or WWE. They are rumors based on reports around the wrestling world.
- In a recent edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was speculated that WWE could have interest in CM Punk if he were to leave AEW. CM Punk was suspended indefinitely after a backstage altercation following some choice words at the AEW All Out media scrum. There was rumors of Tony Kahn buying Punk out of his contract, but the negotiations appear to be hold with WWE potentially interested in bring back Punk.
- In a recent episode of Wrestling Observer Radio it was reported that Ace Steel has been released by AEW. This news may come as no surprise as Ace Steel was involved in that backstage altercation after All Out. Ace Steel was currently serving an indefinite suspension for the backstage incident in which he allegedly bit Kenny Omega. Ace Steel is a long time friend and training partner of CM Punk.
- Fightful Select has reported there is potential good signs for a return to AEW for the other suspended superstars. It seems Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks, and potentially even CM Punk could be returning sometime soon, but no other information has been reported.
- As reported by Fightful Select, AEW management reached out to Athena and Jody Threat after their match on AEW dark. Athena was seemingly frustrated and aggressive throughout the match, but reports say Threat had no complaints. This could lead one to believe maybe Athena could be approaching a heel turn due to her behavior.
- PWInsider has reported some information on the current Jeff Hardy legal situation. Jeff Hardy was awaiting a hearing after his 3rd DUI arrest. The report says Hardy’s attorney requested the hearing be pushed back which was granted. The hearing has been postponed to a later date. AEW has yet to make a statement about a potential return to the company.