Social Media Manager
Vendetta Media was created to bring real sports journalism to real sports fans. If you’re tired of the same old stuff from mainstream sports outlets, we offer a different approach. No agendas, no clickbait, no “hot takes”, just real opinions by real fans, just like you. Our goal is to provide you with insight and information on your favorite teams you won’t find anywhere else.
What You Will Do:
As a Social Media Manager for Vendetta Sports Media, you will help run the Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram pages. As well as, come up with project ideas to help continue building the brand and getting exposure.
You are still highly encouraged to try other aspects of journalism while you are with Vendetta Sports Media. Other beats you can try include podcasting, video, writing, etc. However, your primary work will be running the social media outlets.
Learning Objective: While you are with Vendetta Sports Media, we want you to learn about social media branding. As well as the ability to create and run projects. You will also be able to learn how to coordinate with other team members effectively.
- We are looking for ambitious candidates that are able to self-start articles or projects.
- Has the ability to meet deadlines.
- Works well with others.
- Strong communication skills.
- Has a keen sense of grammar, language, and spelling.
- Is able to promote the Vendetta Sports Media work of yourself and others on social media.
- Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate program pursuing English, Journalism, Mass Media, or a similar field.
Familiar with WordPress.
Can understand/ learn SEO optimization.
Please Note: This is an unpaid internship. Students are encouraged to
apply for college credit.