2021 NFL Draft Grades: AFC South
The 2021 NFL Draft could be the first step towards crowning a new king in the AFC South division. The AFC South hasn’t been built with world beaters in the past. The draft maybe goes a long way towards solving that. How did the Colts, Jaguars, Texans, and Titans fare? Let’s hand out draft grades!
- R1 (21): EDGE Kwity Paye, Michigan
- R2 (54): EDGE Dayo Odeyingbo, Vanderbilt
- R4 (127): TE Kylen Granson, SMU
- R5 (165): S Shawn Davis, Florida
- R6 (218): QB Sam Ehlinger, Texas
- R7 (229): WR Michael Strachan, Indianapolis
- R7 (248): Will Fries, Penn State
The Chris Ballard hype train needs to stop. Seriously. Ballard has been on the job since 2017. Go win a terrible division and then I’ll take you seriously. Once again, this dude bombs another draft.
I’m not a Kwity Paye guy. Maybe he works out but he’s not first round worthy to me. Legit didn’t know who Dayo Odeyingbo is and that’s saying a lot considering it’s a second round pick. Come to find out the guy tore his Achilles. What are you doing?
Where was the need at tight end? You already have 1,000 on the roster. Sam Ehlinger blows. The fact that you drafted him tells me all I need to know. DUMMY you are Chris Ballard.
- R1 (1): QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson
- R1 (25): RB Travis Etienne, Clemson
- R2 (33): CB Tyson Campbell, Georgia
- R2 (45): OT Walker Little, Stanford
- R3 (65): S Andre Cisco, Syracuse
- R4 (106): DI Jay Tufele, USC
- R4 (121): Edge Jordan Smith, UAB
- R5 (145): TE Luke Farrell, Ohio State
- R6 (209): WR Jalen Camp, Georgia Tech
The Travis Etienne pick leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Seriously… what are you doing? With James Robinson and newly signed Carlos Hyde, why? Just why? For those who have read the site know I think Etienne is the most likely to bust in round 1.
Now don’t get me wrong. The rest of this draft was masterful. Tyson Campbell is a stud. Walker Little could wind up being a total steal. Andre Cisco can really cover. Should have no problems starting. Jay Tufele was the most talented defender USC had. Jordan Smith is super long. He’s going to help that pass rush.
Anytime you land Trevor Lawrence, it’s an A. The Etienne pick left a bad taste but the rest of the draft was home run city. It’s a good day to be a Jags fan.
- R3 (67): QB Davis Mills, Stanford
- R3 (89): WR Nico Collins, Michigan
- R5 (147): TE Brevin Jordan, Miami (FL.)
- R5 (170): Garett Wallow, TCU
- R6 (195): Roy Lopez, Arizona
Do I really need to even explain this one?
- R1 (22): CB Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech
- R2 (53): OT Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State
- R3 (92): LB Monty Rice, Georgia
- R3 (100): SCB Elijah Molden, Washington
- R4 (109): WR Dez Fitzpatrick, Louisville
- R4 (135): EDGE Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh
- R6 (205): WR Racey McMath, LSU
- R6 (215): S Brady Breeze, Oregon
Tennessee loves being mediocre. LOVES. The Caleb Farley thing feels like an unnecessary risk after taking Isaiah Wilson the year prior. If Farley flames out (like I think he might) Jon Robinson should be fired on the spot.
Dillon Radunz is a quality pick. He will find a way to start at right tackle. I’m a Monty Rice fan. Ditto for Elijah Molden. I’m surprised Dez Fitzpatrick went as high as he did but I like the flier there.
Just an average draft on a team that’s turning into the Marvin Lewis Bengals. Wake me up when they actually move the needle.
Signing up with SimBull also helps us too! Use our link – https://simbull.app/vendetta with the promo code “vendetta” for a $10 deposit bonus.